What is Fundamentals?
CrossFit Bishop Fundamentals Program
All new Crossfit members, regardless of fitness level, or athletic background, must attend our CrossFit Fundamental Program. Our Fundamental Program consists of the basic nine fundamental movements associated with Crossfit. You will also learn the Crossfit philosophy, warm-up, and workout regimen at CrossFit Bishop. We emphasize client safety, building a community, and learning proper CrossFit terminology. Most movements used in CrossFit require a lot more attention to technique than you may believe. CrossFit believes that no machine can match a properly executed squat, muscle-up, kettlebell swing, or clean and jerk when it comes to developing strength, power, and all-around fitness.
How does Fundamentals work?
Classes are scheduled with a coach of your choosing with times available in the morning and evening three days each week. You will begin to acquire a vast amount of education on the basic movements required of you to join our group classes. We ask that you attend at least one month of Fundamental classes. The main goal of Fundamentals is for you to be able to learn and easily recognize all basic skills that we use on a daily basis at Crossfit Bishop. This includes, but is not limited to: warm-ups, gymnastic and bodyweight movements, barbell movements, and cool-down tactics.
Your Fundamentals Coach will work with you to properly prepare you for the classes provided by Crossfit Bishop.
One on one fundamentals are available if the current times do not meet with your schedule or you prefer one on one methods of training. Pricing is available for this option by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Why the Fundamentals Program is vital:
You will have the opportunity to learn in a low-stress environment with one on one or small group attention from a coach. If you are part of a small group, you’ll be with others at a similar fitness level so you don’t have to worry about being intimidated by being thrown right into a group class with our experience classmates. You’ll have a much easier time learning the movements in this environment.
- Your coach will be able to identify any pre-existing injuries or mobility problems prior to you beginning group classes, and will assist you in improving your flexibility or working around any limitations you have.
- You’ll learn how to do the movements properly from the beginning. That way you won’t have to go back later on and un-learn bad habits. By learning proper form and range of motion, you’ll maximize the results you get from your workouts while minimizing the risk of injury.
- You will build personal relationships with coaching staff and fellow athletes from the beginning as you become part of our strong community atmosphere. Having all these fundamentals instilled will increase the likelihood that you will stick with CrossFit Bishop long enough to realize its benefits. You’ll be treated as a valued member, not just a paying customer.
During your classes you will receive instruction and hands-on technique work in the following areas:
- What is CrossFit? What is fitness? You’ll learn about the methodology behind CrossFit, what its goals are, and how to adjust CrossFit-style training to meet your personal health or performance goals.
- Nutrition! Nutrition! Nutrition! We simply cannot overstate the importance of nutrition when it comes to improving your health and performance. The basis for any workout routine begins in the kitchen. If you eat poor quality food (or eat in poor proportions) you will undermine your efforts to perform during workouts. You will learn how to fuel your body for peak performance and to improve body composition. You will understand how food is the key part to proper recovery.
- The movements of CrossFit—you will learn how to properly perform the squat, front squat, overhead squat, press, push press, push jerk, deadlift, sumo deadlift high pull, medicine ball clean, bench press, GHD sit-ups, snatch, clean and jerk, handstand push-ups, kettlebell swing, pull-up, box jump, double-under, thruster, rowing, and many many others.
- How to scale WODs to your fitness level so you get the maximum benefit out of each workout.
Schedule a time to come by the gym for a tour or schedule your CrossFit Fundamental Class today by contacting email@example.com or calling 760-920-5420